I am assuming that this is your own PC (which means you have full physical assess to it). There are so many ways to break Windows XP password in this blog I am writing the easiest one which any geek can use.
1. Bootable Windows XP CD with CD key.
2. Working CD/DVD drive
3. Little bit mind
Here are the steps:
0. Take a printout of this article so you can follow the steps during whole process.
1. Place your Windows XP CD in CD ROM and start your computer. Wait until you are prompted “Press any key to boot from cd…” (I am assuming that CD is bootable is its boot priority is higher than Hard Disk if can’t understand this put your comment with email ID)
2. Press any key of your keyboard.
3. Now you can see information about setup is loading files….
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
7. Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
8. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
9. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
10. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
11. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
12. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
13. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
14. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.